2W Later

 It was a bit of a stressful week, had a lot going on and it was incredible hard to put all of it together.

Me and my group finally delivered our project, tbh I was super worried about the possibility of not being able to do it before midnight. I carried like 70% of all of the groups work and I'm not even joking. Malik got that initial code (all of it was from someone else I'm sure, which is fine), Ana organised it so that the code would be easier to walkthrough but the thing is that I ended up doing most of the work in the code by providing extra features to the model as well as tweaking the neural network itself. I get that they may not be so worried about a 1 points haircut o the final grade since they will likely not study again, and if they do, the post graduate's GPA is something that I believe no one would ask. The thing is that since they are "so much" older than me, they have an advantage on me in terms of academia. All of them already have master's degrees so they are not worried about their grade.This is where I come into play and I just cannot allow that to happen, there was no fucking way that the project would've been delivered on time if it weren't for me. By this I intend to say that I'm aiming at getting a very high score in this post graduation so what I can move on to the masters on Statistical and Information Management, specialising in Risk Analysis.

I just fucking hope I get a new job soon, I've got to get out of BNP asap. I feel like I'm learning useless stuff which will never be transversal to any other kind of department within BNP or any other bank.

The job isn't stimulating at all, it's just almost the same shit every day. Everything that I have learned so far regarding finance/programming/machine learning algorithms and a lot more stuff are simple being wasted on my job. It's just sooo shit. 

Vamos ver.

Hopefully I get some calls back during the next week, I'm expecting them and I hope I made it. 

My girl came to visit, felt great. It was just unfortunate that I had so much to do and couldn't give her the attention she needed and wanted given the effort to come all the way here but I went above and beyond and even put in a sick day so that I could spend the day with her but nothing ever seems to be enough. I can't get mad about it though, it's 100% justifiable. I just have so much shit to do and so many other things that I want to do to the point when it's becoming a bit hard to manage everything and do it all right, I'm trying my best though. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1W later

Day 1, I guess