2M after, almost (July 6th 2024)


Kind of forgot I had started this but for some reason I felt the urge to let some stuff out and randomly remembered about this. 

Some things are better, others are worse. 

As usual, and thankfully in a way, I'm doing better, a lot better actually but only professionally. I think I finally am where I've always envisioned I'd be, more than that actually. In my mind I had set 1 of 2 paths or end goals, however you want to call it, which were either be working as a trader just like I wanted when I first delved into economics/finance, or working at a private equity firm just like I thought of once I started actually learning about this industry. Somehow I've managed to do both and I feel more accomplished than ever. I mean, there is literally nothing else I'd rather be working on right now, this is EXACTLY what I wanted. I'm doing what I love and not that many people are lucky enough to say that. Thankfully I was rewarded for my hard work. There was a hint of luck involved but still, none of this would've ever been possible without the effort I put in. I think I now truly believe in that one "famous" definition of luck which states that "Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity". I did everything that was attainable for me and within my reach in order to be prepared to seize the opportunity once it would present itself to me. On top of my preparation, I was at the right place and at the right time (by this I mean I entered LinkedIn at the right time in order to find these opportunities lol). But still, once again, I did not check LinkedIn just that one or two times, I would also be looking at it daily and waiting for the right thing to come up, and it did. It is getting a bit exhausting though, I've only just started the second job and this week was really tiring. I'm working 70+ hours a week now being that 30 of them are unpaid. If all goes well though, the effort I'm putting into these 30 weekly hours for 9 months will be worth it. I will do my best to endure this. It's only 9 months, I can fucking do it. There are people all over the world working more hours than me, why wouldn't I be able to do it also right? The fruits of this will hopefully be a return offer from the fund. Conservatively, I would expect to get an offer of around $100k including bonuses. If I were to on top of that continue to work as a quant trader at around €30k which is what I'm making now, I'd be looking at:

$100k

+€30k x 1.05 (considering the $ will go down) = $31.5k

= $131.5k / annum 

= $131.5k / 12 = ~$11k / month


Now let me be ambitious and say that including bonuses I'd even get paid $150K:

$150k

+€30k x 1.05 (considering the $ will go down) = $31.5k

= $181.5k / annum 

= $181.5k / 12 = ~$15k / month


The dream is to hopefully in 2 years time, from now, July 6th 2024, to not only stop needing financial handouts from my mom but also make enough money so that she is able to retire peacefully. 

I want to mark my own words right here that in 2 years time I will be 100% financially independent with enough money to also help my mom retire.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1W later

Day 1, I guess